Quantum Leap (QL), a cutting edge Portuguese technology startup, today confirmed the announcement at this year’s Web Summit of its patent pending technology solution, SmartRing™ , a powerful upgrade for legacy bottled water-cooler dispensers. “The bottled water-cooler dispenser industry as suffered for a long time from 4 main pain-points, namely (1) the lack of agility in the way offered for customers to re-order more bottles, (2) the constant risk of customers’ stock disruption scenarios, (3) often less than ideal bottle delivery times, and (4) high logistics’ costs” said Ricardo Lopes, chief executive officer of QL. “We are excited to announce that we are bringing to the market a first-of its-kind, device that instantly turns any legacy water-cooler dispenser into a mean-lean XXI century smart-machine”, he continued. “It is an app-free (although it can have a companion app), easy self-installable, full-colour touch display enabled, low-cost yet, high quality device that adapts to any water-cooler and upgrades it with a set of features never before seen in such a device” he added.
The SmartRing™ leverages the power of IoT and embedded systems along with edge Ai, to enable a whole new level of convenience for both bottled water consumers and providers, by creating a new order-from-device + door-delivery ecosystem.
The SmartRing™ includes the following main features:
1. Smart-device. Because it’s a truly autonomous cloud connected device and has its own edge AI expanded by server-side logic too.
2. Convenience. Because it can learn (via onboard machine learning) your consumption habits and re-order automatically more bottles of water before you run out of stock. Or you can also order them directly on-device, manually.
No app needed.
3. Remote real-time high-accuracy (down to the centiliter) reading of water consumption.
4. Stock delivery info and ETA right on the device.
5. Order history and management right on the device.
6. Request for assistance directly on device, including troubleshooting menus.
7. Water leakage detection based on a proprietary tunable Ai algorithm.
8. Detection of non-authorised water supply consumption.
9. Complete advertising platform (smartAds), for on-device marketing or communication campaigns
10.Complete back-office for full remote administration, management, dashboard widgets, analytics and reporting.
The technology stack also includes an optional companion APP for the end user, and full API for integration in any 3rd party information system such as ERP, CRM, POS etc, for full 360º with the water provider’s accounting, logistics and delivery fleets.
The solution is already entering pre-production stage and is set to hit the market in Q3 2021 in partnership with one of Portugal’s leading B2B water brands “Fonte Viva” that will have exclusive joint distribution rights with QL.
About Quantum Leap
QL is a technology pivot for designing hardware and software solutions. The company’s proven expertise enables it to offer services in cutting-edge hardware design and system software. QL also offers product engineering services for various vertical markets at the crossroads of IoT, Edge Ai, and DLTs (“blockchain” technologies). QL has affiliations with academia as well as with industry and soon with government authorities too. Visit QL on the web at www.quleap.com .
Quantum Leap Media Contact