Quantum Leap (QL), a cutting edge Portuguese technology startup, today confirmed the announcement at this year’s Web Summit of its BeerDrive™ and BeerSpot™ a powerful upgrade for legacy beer
storage and dispensing units.
“In the last 2 years we have been working very closely with some of the biggest names in the beer industry both in the B2B and B2C segments, such as Heineken and Sagres, and we heard what their main pain-points were, and so we identified 4 main problems, namely (1) the lack of agility in the way they monitored their B2B clients stock levels, (2) the constant risk of customers’ stock disruption scenarios, (3) often less than ideal barrel or tank refill delivery times, and (4) high logistics’ costs” said Ricardo Lopes, chief executive officer of QL.
“We are excited to announce that we are bringing to the market 2 innovative solutions that help solving those issues and more,” he added.
1. BeerDrive™ - the next generation of high volume (>500Liters) tanks for beer storage for the B2B segment.
2. BeerSpot™ - the next generation of smart beer dispensers for the B2C segment.
Both BeerDrive™ and BeerSpot™ leverage the power of IoT and embedded systems
along with edge Ai, to enable a whole new level of convenience for both beer
consumers, retailers and suppliers, by creating a new fully automated and real-time
monitored order-from-device + door-delivery ecosystem.
The ecosystem includes the following main features:
1. Smart-devices. Because both are truly autonomous cloud connected devices and have their own edge AI expanded by server-side logic too.
2. Complete telemetry on all key components and parts of the machines for predictive maintenance and total remote monitoring and control.
3. Convenience. Because they can learn (via onboard machine learning) the consumption patterns and re-order automatically more beer barrels or tank refills before running out of stock. Or you can also order them directly on-device, manually. No app needed.
4. Remote real-time high-accuracy (down to the centiliter) readings of beer consumption.
5. Stock delivery info and ETA right on the device.
6. Order history and management right on the device.
7. Request for assistance directly on device, including troubleshooting menus.
8. Beer leakage detection based on a proprietary tunable Ai algorithm.
9. Detection of non-authorised beer supply consumption.
10.Complete advertising platform (smartAds), for on-device marketing or communication campaigns
11.Complete back-office for full remote administration, management, dashboard widgets, analytics and reporting.
The technology stack also includes an optional companion APP for the end user, and full API for integration in any 3rd party information system such as ERP, CRM, POS etc, for full 360º with the beer supplier’s accounting, logistics and delivery fleets.
The solution is already in production in several Heineken and Sagres points of sale, and is set to hit the market with a lot of new features in Q3 2021.
About Quantum Leap
QL is a technology pivot for designing hardware and software solutions. The company’s proven expertise enables it to offer services in cutting-edge hardware design and system software. QL also offers product engineering services for various vertical markets at the crossroads of IoT, Edge Ai, and DLTs (“blockchain” technologies). QL has affiliations with academia as well as with industry and soon with government authorities too. Visit QL on the web at www.quleap.com .
Quantum Leap Media Contact